Health market shaken up by second spa launch
LONDON - A new consumer magazine for fans of beauty spas called Spa Life is to hit newsstands across the UK in January, giving the niche sector its second title.
The bi-monthly title will have an initial print-run of 100,000 and is to be distributed at health farms and spa hotels in the UK and internationally, as well as being available from newsagents for £3.50. The publishers estimate a total readership of 300,000.
The title was originally to be called Spa & Health Farm, but the publisher was forced to change the title in the run-up to launch after a rival publisher, Spa Magazine Publishing, revealed it was launching a title called Spa Health & Beauty.
Spa Life is edited by Terri Fleeman-Harwick and will include features on hair and beauty, food and drink, sport and exercise, and celebrity interviews. It will also review spas and health farms around the UK.
It will be the first title from the new publisher Leisurelife Publishing. The publisher claims that the title will reach a core audience of AB1 and ABC1 readers, and says that it has signed up advertisers from health, fashion and beauty industries, as well as spas, resorts and hotels.
The company has researched the market and looked at several US titles covering the same area.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton