Future increases print-run for PS2 title as consoles soar
LONDON - Fuelled by the success of the console market, games magazine publisher Future Network has launched its biggest print-run for Official PlayStation2 Magazine backed by a television and print advertising campaign.
The move, in time for the Christmas console rush, cements a successful year for PlayStation2 magazine. In the ABC six-monthly figures to June, it recorded a 137% rise to 195,293. It comes as the PlayStation2 market in the UK tops the 3m mark and is set to grow substantially further over Christmas.
The print-run for its Christmas issues, which runs to more than 400,000 copies combined, is backed by a promotional campaign created by NMI Group and comprising outdoor poster, television spots and national press ads.
The Christmas issue of Official PlayStation2 Magazine is on sale now and the January issue is out on sale December 27. Both are covermounted with a playable DVD and retail at £5.49.
The Christmas issues feature a range of exclusive reviews of new games including the eagerly anticipated 'The Getaway', which with a production cost of £5m and featuring 25 miles of real London streets has proved the world's most expensive console game to make.
Other games featured are 'Star Wars: Bounty Hunter', 'Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance', 'The Sims', 'Sly Raccoon' and 'Ape Escape 2', and the latest news on upcoming releases, including 'Resident Evil Network'.
Rob Pegley, publisher of Official PlayStation2 Magazine, said: "With three games consoles in the market battling it out for consumers' attention and money, this Christmas promises to be the biggest yet -- both for console gaming in general and for the market-leading PlayStation2. The marketing activities and the upped print-run go hand-in-hand with these alterations and similarly to the magazine's makeover, are aimed at widening the title's appeal and raising awareness."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Motion graphics designer/after effects expert Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London