BBC Worldwide promotes Braun to head new business
LONDON - BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, has promoted Sandra Braun to the post of head of new-business development for Europe, Middle East, India and Africa.
Braun is promoted to this new position from her post as new-business development manager at Worldwide, where she was responsible for building relationships with European new-media companies.
She is most recently credited with developing the mobile voting service for the Top Of The Pops Awards in the German-speaking markets.
In her new post, which has been newly created, Braun will oversee all strategic new-business development initiatives across TV, publishing, new media and channels in the region. She will also look at opportunities for sponsorship and cross promotion.
She will work across video-on-demand, broadband, interactive TV, and mobile and hand-held communications, digital cinema and website syndication.
Braun, who will report to the EMEIA regional managing director Mark Young, will work closely with regional sales teams to identify new-business opportunities and oversee their implementation.
Braun holds an MBA from Oxford Brookes University and joined BBC Worldwide in 1998 from her native Germany, where she worked as foreign rights manager with publishers Ullstein Buchverlage.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region