Naked to promote Super Bowl XXXVII in the UK
LONDON - Naked Communications has been appointed by the National Football League to promote the upcoming Super Bowl XXXVII, American football's biggest event, on UK terrestrial television.
Five has won the rights to show the NFL's Super Bowl tournament, the biggest event in the US football calendar, to be held next year on January 26. Super Bowl XXXVII will also be shown on Sky Sports.
It is the first time that Super Bowl will have been shown on terrestrial television in five years. Five will also show some NFL games in the run-up to the final.
In the US, Super Bowl Sunday is traditionally one of the most expensive events for advertisers, who often make special spots for the event or debut new advertising campaigns. Last year, Pepsi premiered an advertisement starring Britney Spears, which was partly created after a vote from the public.
Reports say that the NFL is considering television, print and outdoor media for the campaign to promote the sport in the UK. Naked will develop the media strategy for the NFL push with the creative agency Karmarama.
In the 1980s, American football enjoyed a prominent place on Channel 4's schedule. However, since 1998 it has only been shown on satellite television.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London