Initiative Media expands Asian offering with Japan office
TOKYO - Initiative Media has moved into the Japanese market with the news that it has opened up an office in Tokyo as part of its expansion into the Asian market.
The move comes on the heels of the opening of a new office in Taipei, Taiwan in October in response to client demand after it picked up Unilever account in Taiwan at the beginning of the year.
Until now, Initiative has been represented in Japan by Hakuhodo:Lintas, a joint venture between sister agency Lowe & Partners and Hakuhodo.
The new agency, Initiative Media Tokyo, will be headed up by managing director James Gover, who has worked at the Japanese operation since 1999 as executive media director.
Gover will report directly to King Lai, chief operating officer for Initiative in Asia Pacific.
Initiative will continue to work with Hakuhodo on Unilever's Nippon Lever account. The agency also holds Unilever's business in Europe, Latin American and other parts of South-East Asia.
Initiative Media Worldwide is owned by the Interpublic Group of Companies, and has billings of $21bn (£13.5bn) through 95 agencies in 48 countries. Billings for the Asia Pacific region were $2.1bn in 2001.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Planner - PPC - Leading Consumer Brand Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Client Services Manager - Leading Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London