Shazam targets students for music service
LONDON - Shazam, the music service that solves those annoying 'what is that song...' questions by mobile phone, is undertaking a promotional Christmas drive in clubs and bars across the UK.
The mainly sales promotion activity for the mobile service will be two-fold, targeting student bars during the end-of-term party season, as well as the bar chains the Slug & Lettuce, Bar Med and Havana.
The agency Reaction, which specialises in student communications, is targeting 22 universities as part of the campaign. Students will be given branded beermats and stickers, and posters will be placed in student bars. Bar staff will also be briefed to show people how the service operates.
The second part of the campaign will feature posters in bathrooms in hundreds of bars and clubs. The poster was designed by 20:20 Promo.
Shazam is a song identification service that works via mobile phone. When users hear a song they want to identify, they can dial 2580 and point their mobile towards the music. After 30 seconds, Shazam will end the call and will text back the name and the song.
Vijay Solanki, marketing director at Shazam, said: "One of the most popular uses of Shazam is to identify that tune you are dancing to on a night out. Our new marketing activity will allow us to capitalise on this opportunity. Students are always interested in new music and by placing posters in washrooms we can take advantage of the busy party season."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire