Shazam targets students for music service
LONDON - Shazam, the music service that solves those annoying 'what is that song...' questions by mobile phone, is undertaking a promotional Christmas drive in clubs and bars across the UK.
The mainly sales promotion activity for the mobile service will be two-fold, targeting student bars during the end-of-term party season, as well as the bar chains the Slug & Lettuce, Bar Med and Havana.
The agency Reaction, which specialises in student communications, is targeting 22 universities as part of the campaign. Students will be given branded beermats and stickers, and posters will be placed in student bars. Bar staff will also be briefed to show people how the service operates.
The second part of the campaign will feature posters in bathrooms in hundreds of bars and clubs. The poster was designed by 20:20 Promo.
Shazam is a song identification service that works via mobile phone. When users hear a song they want to identify, they can dial 2580 and point their mobile towards the music. After 30 seconds, Shazam will end the call and will text back the name and the song.
Vijay Solanki, marketing director at Shazam, said: "One of the most popular uses of Shazam is to identify that tune you are dancing to on a night out. Our new marketing activity will allow us to capitalise on this opportunity. Students are always interested in new music and by placing posters in washrooms we can take advantage of the busy party season."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London