Xbox launches £2.5m mail and online CRM drive
LONDON - Microsoft's Xbox is launching a £2.5m pan-European CRM campaign aimed at finding out more about the habits, interests and preferences of Xbox gamers.
The integrated campaign, through Agency Republic, kicks off with a mail-out to high-profile people in media and entertainment that Microsoft believe will influence its audience to buy Xboxes.
The mail pack comprises a 24-page brand magazine, which promotes the message "Let play into your life" through a number of scenarios that reflect the Xbox brand's "play more" ethos.
It is hoped that the brand magazine will encourage its recipients -- including DJs, journalists and TV presenters -- to talk about the console and drive traffic to its promotional Play More website.
The mail drive will be followed up by a series of rich digital communications, such as viral executions, to existing customers whose details are already held by Microsoft.
The playmore.com website is being relaunched to include more areas of interest such as gaming, which will enable Microsoft to learn more about the people who buy and play Xboxes.
Neil Thompson, European marketing director, said: "Given the challenges of our target audience and the fast-moving marketplace, it is essential that we continue to evolve the Xbox brand dialogue with fresh approaches."
The website is set to relaunch in the next couple of weeks.
Agency Republic is the hybrid agency created 18 months ago out of digital services specialist Agency.com and direct marketing agency Claydon Heeley Mason Jones, offering a mix of digital and below-the-line services.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire