Future shakes up Edge editorial to boost reach
LONDON - Future Games has shaken up the editorial line-up of its videogames title Edge to give it a wider reach after it picked up a top consumer magazine award last week.
Future has named new associate editor Mark Walbank, while Ste Curran, former reviews editor of Edge, will move to an editor-at-large position, based in London.
Walbank was formerly features editor on the Bath-based title. He will now be responsible for reviews, commissioning contributors and liaising with software publishers and industry bodies. He will continue to oversee features and report to Joao Diniz-Sanches, editor of Edge.
Curran's move to the capital is part of an effort to provide more effective representation for the magazine.
Diniz-Sanches said: "Having Mark as an associate editor is great news for Edge. This is a well-deserved promotion and having worked on the magazine for several years, Mark is thoroughly familiar with the everyday running of Edge.
"Ste's move to the capital is a further welcome change to the editorial structure -- it is of significant benefit to have a representative in London, much in the same way as we have one in Tokyo."
Last week, Edge was named consumer magazine of the year at the interactive entertainment industry bash InDin.
Future Games is part of Future Publishing, which also publishes Digital Home and Official UK PlayStation2 magazine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire