Future shakes up Edge editorial to boost reach
LONDON - Future Games has shaken up the editorial line-up of its videogames title Edge to give it a wider reach after it picked up a top consumer magazine award last week.
Future has named new associate editor Mark Walbank, while Ste Curran, former reviews editor of Edge, will move to an editor-at-large position, based in London.
Walbank was formerly features editor on the Bath-based title. He will now be responsible for reviews, commissioning contributors and liaising with software publishers and industry bodies. He will continue to oversee features and report to Joao Diniz-Sanches, editor of Edge.
Curran's move to the capital is part of an effort to provide more effective representation for the magazine.
Diniz-Sanches said: "Having Mark as an associate editor is great news for Edge. This is a well-deserved promotion and having worked on the magazine for several years, Mark is thoroughly familiar with the everyday running of Edge.
"Ste's move to the capital is a further welcome change to the editorial structure -- it is of significant benefit to have a representative in London, much in the same way as we have one in Tokyo."
Last week, Edge was named consumer magazine of the year at the interactive entertainment industry bash InDin.
Future Games is part of Future Publishing, which also publishes Digital Home and Official UK PlayStation2 magazine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East