Absolut retains Omnicom's FitzGerald for US work
NEW YORK - Absolut, the Swedish vodka, has named Omnicom Group agency FitzGerald Communications for its interactive work in the US.
The agency will plan programmes in support of Absolut's online and interactive marketing activity in the US, working closely with Absolut's Swedish-based design agency Springtime.
The team will work with TBWA\Chiat Day, also part of Omnicom, which has created Absolut's memorable advertising campaigns.
The agency has already started work for Absolut with a project called Absolut Album Covers, which celebrates the golden age of vinyl and uses some of the best-known images in rock history including album designs from David Bowie and the Velvet Underground.
Michael Persson, communications director for Absolut, said: "FitzGerald was our choice based on its creativity and strong interactive media track record, coupled with its ability to create and manage major brand messages across various media."
FitzGerald and Springtime are also working on the launch of Absolut 2.0, the revised website for the brand. It is set to launch in the first quarter of 2003.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands