Timex shifts advertising account to Kirshenbaum
NEW YORK - Bartle Bogle Hegarty, New York, has lost out in the battle for watch manufacturer Timex's advertising account, which has been won by Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
The New York advertising agency beat BBH, which is 49% owned by Publicis Groupe, and Modernista, Boston, to win the Middlebury, Connecticut-based watchmaker's estimated $10m (£6.35m) account.
Timex made its decision to move the account in October, bringing to an end a 16-year relationship with Fallon Worldwide, also part of the French group Publicis. Fallon created a number of campaigns for Timex over the years, including the "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking" slogan.
Timex saw earlier presentations from Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos, New York, part of the Interpublic Group of Companies; Margeotes/Fertitta & Partners, New York, part of the Canadian firm Maxxcom; and another Interpublic shop Mullen in Wenham, Massachussetts.
The review was overseen by agency search consultants Pile & Company in Boston. Fallon's duties officially come to an end on December 31.
A Timex spokesman said that after 16 years "we wanted to see what else is out there".
Timex currently has no UK agency. Most recently, it worked here with Fallon in July 1999.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London