Timex shifts advertising account to Kirshenbaum
NEW YORK - Bartle Bogle Hegarty, New York, has lost out in the battle for watch manufacturer Timex's advertising account, which has been won by Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners.
The New York advertising agency beat BBH, which is 49% owned by Publicis Groupe, and Modernista, Boston, to win the Middlebury, Connecticut-based watchmaker's estimated $10m (£6.35m) account.
Timex made its decision to move the account in October, bringing to an end a 16-year relationship with Fallon Worldwide, also part of the French group Publicis. Fallon created a number of campaigns for Timex over the years, including the "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking" slogan.
Timex saw earlier presentations from Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos, New York, part of the Interpublic Group of Companies; Margeotes/Fertitta & Partners, New York, part of the Canadian firm Maxxcom; and another Interpublic shop Mullen in Wenham, Massachussetts.
The review was overseen by agency search consultants Pile & Company in Boston. Fallon's duties officially come to an end on December 31.
A Timex spokesman said that after 16 years "we wanted to see what else is out there".
Timex currently has no UK agency. Most recently, it worked here with Fallon in July 1999.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London