Virgin Flightstore targets travel industry
LONDON - Virgin Flightstore, the online booking service for the travel industry, is using a responsive press advertising campaign to highlight to independent travel agents that flights can be booked through its website across a wide range of airlines.
The drive, developed by Oxfordshire-based independent full-service agency The JJ Group, follows research that showed that the majority of independent travel agents think that Virgin Flightstore only handled flights from Virgin Atlantic.
Rachel Anderson, head of marketing at Virgin Travelstore, said: "The independent travel agents are an important market to us. From the research, we felt it necessary to clarify our service offering to them."
The campaign involves two executions which will appear 24 times over an eight-week period in UK trade travel titles Travel Weekly, Travel Trade Gazette and Travel Bulletin from January 6.
The first execution, called "plane easy", highlights the ease of booking through the website, while the second, 'plane truth', promotes the range of major airlines that Virgin Flightstore handles.
The ads direct readers to visit the Virgin Flightstore website. Travel agents are encouraged to trial the booking facility by being given the chance to enter a competition to win a trip to Las Vegas when they log in to the site in January and February.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London