Virgin Flightstore targets travel industry
LONDON - Virgin Flightstore, the online booking service for the travel industry, is using a responsive press advertising campaign to highlight to independent travel agents that flights can be booked through its website across a wide range of airlines.
The drive, developed by Oxfordshire-based independent full-service agency The JJ Group, follows research that showed that the majority of independent travel agents think that Virgin Flightstore only handled flights from Virgin Atlantic.
Rachel Anderson, head of marketing at Virgin Travelstore, said: "The independent travel agents are an important market to us. From the research, we felt it necessary to clarify our service offering to them."
The campaign involves two executions which will appear 24 times over an eight-week period in UK trade travel titles Travel Weekly, Travel Trade Gazette and Travel Bulletin from January 6.
The first execution, called "plane easy", highlights the ease of booking through the website, while the second, 'plane truth', promotes the range of major airlines that Virgin Flightstore handles.
The ads direct readers to visit the Virgin Flightstore website. Travel agents are encouraged to trial the booking facility by being given the chance to enter a competition to win a trip to Las Vegas when they log in to the site in January and February.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London