Smirnoff targets clubbers in new year push
LONDON - Smirnoff is launching a campaign to recruit new drinkers with an online competition that ties in with the 'If Smirnoff made...' television advertising campaign.
The online marketing campaign was created by Tullo Marshall Warren and will target more than 200,000 regular clubbers.
An email will be sent with the headline "...if Smirnoff made party poppers", showing an HTML visual of fireworks going off over Table Mountain in Cape Town.
The email links to a prize draw to win tickets to the Smirnoff Experience global music event in Cape Town on New Year's Eve. There are also 50 prizes for runners-up. Those who click through will be asked questions on their lifestyle, and Smirnoff will use the information to build its new relationship marketing programme.
There is also an SMS element to the campaign, directing people to the website. Nightfly is distributing the messages to more than 50,000 people, 50% of whom have responded to previous Smirnoff in-bar promotions.
Philip Gladman, marketing director for Smirnoff at Diageo, said: "This campaign is a superb example of how the visual impact and excitement of TV can be taken to the individual through the internet."
He added: "Consumers aged between 18 and 30 have been notoriously difficult to target, but new media, now that it has higher production values, is incredibly effective in this area."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London