Energy firm reviews media out of MediaCom North
LONDON - United Utilities has put its estimated £1m media planning and buying account up for review after three years with MediaCom North.
Although the company does not own any retail businesses, it has undertaken corporate branding campaigns in the North West, promoting the behind-the-scenes nature of its business supplying water and electricity with the strapline "supplying life's essentials". United Utilities also sponsors weather bulletins on Granada in the North West.
Creative work is handled by Manchester agency Cheetham Bell JWT, which was appointed to the account in October 2001. The agency has helped to raise the profile of United Utilities sponsorship of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester this year.
United Utilities confirmed it was undertaking the review in compliance with European legislation.
Earlier this year, MediaCom North lost its share of the MBNA credit card business to Zenith Optimedia. Two of its other clients, Going Places, the holiday brand owned by MyTravel, and British Nuclear Fuels are experiencing financial difficulties.
MediaCom North is the Manchester-based office of MediaCom, part of the Grey Global Group.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London