Energy firm reviews media out of MediaCom North
LONDON - United Utilities has put its estimated £1m media planning and buying account up for review after three years with MediaCom North.
Although the company does not own any retail businesses, it has undertaken corporate branding campaigns in the North West, promoting the behind-the-scenes nature of its business supplying water and electricity with the strapline "supplying life's essentials". United Utilities also sponsors weather bulletins on Granada in the North West.
Creative work is handled by Manchester agency Cheetham Bell JWT, which was appointed to the account in October 2001. The agency has helped to raise the profile of United Utilities sponsorship of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester this year.
United Utilities confirmed it was undertaking the review in compliance with European legislation.
Earlier this year, MediaCom North lost its share of the MBNA credit card business to Zenith Optimedia. Two of its other clients, Going Places, the holiday brand owned by MyTravel, and British Nuclear Fuels are experiencing financial difficulties.
MediaCom North is the Manchester-based office of MediaCom, part of the Grey Global Group.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester