RAF aims to motivate in face of Gulf War build-up
LONDON - In the build-up to a possible second Gulf War, a new advertising campaign for the Royal Airforce shows potential recruits what the service can offer those wanting to do something different with their lives.
The new television, radio and press advertising campaign was created by J Walter Thompson and is called "Motivation". It breaks on December 29 and follows on from the last work, which used images of monotonous office life to show that working for the RAF is not a "limited" career.
The television campaign will show a young man in a variety of exciting situations, including scaling a wall on an assault course, refuelling a Harrier jet in extreme weather and testing a Jaguar jet engine.
Throughout the ad, a voice urges the man to push himself harder. Then at the end it is revealed that the voice is, in fact, his own. The commercial closes with the line: "Nobody will push you harder... than you."
The spot will have an interactive element to access further information about career opportunities with the RAF.
It was created by Kieran Knight and Max Clemens, and directed by Malcolm Venville through Therapy Films. Media was planned by Manning Gottlieb OMD and bought by Mediavest, OMD and Mediacom.
Bob Jones, head of marketing at the RAF, said: "'What will I get out of it?' is the big question that influences our target audience when they're looking for a job. The new campaign really gets under the skin of what motivates young people to join the RAF."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)