Mediaedge:cia wins more Citibank business
NEW YORK - WPP Group media agency Mediaedge:cia has won more work from Citibank, having ousted rival Aegis Group from the bank's US outdoor media business.
The $12m (£7.5m) account win follows Mediaedge:cia's triumph in Hong Kong when it picked up Citibank's $20m media buying account, which had been held by Motivator there.
Mediaedge:cia took over credit cards, Ready Cash and the Diners Club accounts. Euro RSCG handles the creative assignment, which remains unchanged in the former British colony.
Prior to the win, Mediaedge:cia was handling Citibank's Hong Kong banking account for work created by Dentsu Young & Rubicam
Mediaedge:cia has been steadily building up its share of Citibank's media assignments across the region. In Asia, the agency's offices in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan and Indonesia also handle media assignments for Citibank products serviced by DY&R.
In the US, the account had been held by the Aegis-owned Outdoor Vision unit. The win does not affect the Citibank US creative account, which is held by Fallon.
Citibank is estimated to have spent an estimated $70m on advertising in 2002 down from $105m last year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London