IPC boosts size and price of women's weeklies
LONDON - IPC Media is raising the cover price and pagination of its two classic women's titles Women's Own and Woman from their first 2003 issues on January 6.
The cover prices of both magazines will go up 2p to 72p a week. The magazines will also increase their pagination by eight pages.
Woman's Own will use the extra pages to publish a slimming section called Dream Bodies Extra. Woman will use its extra pages to expand its existing features section.
Woman's Own editor Elsa McAlonon said: "In addition to the popular miracle makeovers -- where we celebrate readers who have successfully lost weight -- there will be advice on dressing to suit your shape, the latest diet and nutrition news from our diet guru, Amanda Ursell, and a week-by-week eating plan for our readers to follow."
The drive is part of an initiative by IPC to boost sales of its women's weeklies. In the last set of ABCs for January to June, Woman fell 2.3% to 631,451 on the previous period, a year-on-year drop of 4.4%, while Woman's Own was up just 0.1% to 518,861, a year-on-year fall of 3.6%.
Woman editor Carole Russell said: "Our extra pages mean our readers can look forward to more makeovers, consumer tests, fashion for plus sizes, celebrity styles and, of course, more riveting real-life reads."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London
- Brand Consultant Rare Selection Upto £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London