IPC boosts size and price of women's weeklies
LONDON - IPC Media is raising the cover price and pagination of its two classic women's titles Women's Own and Woman from their first 2003 issues on January 6.
The cover prices of both magazines will go up 2p to 72p a week. The magazines will also increase their pagination by eight pages.
Woman's Own will use the extra pages to publish a slimming section called Dream Bodies Extra. Woman will use its extra pages to expand its existing features section.
Woman's Own editor Elsa McAlonon said: "In addition to the popular miracle makeovers -- where we celebrate readers who have successfully lost weight -- there will be advice on dressing to suit your shape, the latest diet and nutrition news from our diet guru, Amanda Ursell, and a week-by-week eating plan for our readers to follow."
The drive is part of an initiative by IPC to boost sales of its women's weeklies. In the last set of ABCs for January to June, Woman fell 2.3% to 631,451 on the previous period, a year-on-year drop of 4.4%, while Woman's Own was up just 0.1% to 518,861, a year-on-year fall of 3.6%.
Woman editor Carole Russell said: "Our extra pages mean our readers can look forward to more makeovers, consumer tests, fashion for plus sizes, celebrity styles and, of course, more riveting real-life reads."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA