Zenith to handle pan-European media for John Frieda
LONDON - Haircare brand John Frieda has named Zenith Optimedia as its sole European media planning and buying agency, following its acquisition by Kao in August 2002.
MediaCom and Carat also pitched for the work, which was reviewed after a decision to increase the European media spend in 2003. John Frieda mainly uses television and print at the moment, but is looking at other media options.
Zenith Optimedia had been appointed to the £1m John Frieda television work in March last year, while Brian Clark Media retained the print work. Now, Zenith Optimedia will look after the entire media for Europe, including the key UK, France and Germany markets. The creative account is handled by Bozell in the US and overseen by the US marketing team.
John Frieda's haircare products include Frizz Ease and the Sheer Blonde ranges. It is named after the flamboyant celebrity hairdresser, who was once married to the singer Lulu. He sold his haircare business to the Japanese company Kao Corporation for £288m.
The account review was headed by Julie Edinborough, managing director of John Frieda Europe. The brand has what it describes as "aggressive expansion plans". It is currently the number four haircare brand in the UK.
In the UK, the account will continue to be run by Equinox Communications, part of Zenith Optimedia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London