Zenith to handle pan-European media for John Frieda
LONDON - Haircare brand John Frieda has named Zenith Optimedia as its sole European media planning and buying agency, following its acquisition by Kao in August 2002.
MediaCom and Carat also pitched for the work, which was reviewed after a decision to increase the European media spend in 2003. John Frieda mainly uses television and print at the moment, but is looking at other media options.
Zenith Optimedia had been appointed to the £1m John Frieda television work in March last year, while Brian Clark Media retained the print work. Now, Zenith Optimedia will look after the entire media for Europe, including the key UK, France and Germany markets. The creative account is handled by Bozell in the US and overseen by the US marketing team.
John Frieda's haircare products include Frizz Ease and the Sheer Blonde ranges. It is named after the flamboyant celebrity hairdresser, who was once married to the singer Lulu. He sold his haircare business to the Japanese company Kao Corporation for £288m.
The account review was headed by Julie Edinborough, managing director of John Frieda Europe. The brand has what it describes as "aggressive expansion plans". It is currently the number four haircare brand in the UK.
In the UK, the account will continue to be run by Equinox Communications, part of Zenith Optimedia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager - Consumer Electronics Jarlett de Grouchy negotiable, West Sussex
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - HERTFORDSHIRE - £28-35K Salt £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits Package, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Executive - Abingdon Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Business Development Executive, London,£35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)