Johnston sells Writers News to Warners
LONDON - Regional newspaper group Johnston Press is selling off the Writers News business it bought as part of its acquisition of Regional Independent Media in April to Warners Group Publications.
Warners will add the Writers News business, which includes Writers News magazine and Writing Magazine, to the portfolio of magazines it already publishes including Teddy Bear Scene, British Railway Modelling and Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly.
Johnston Press acquired Regional Independent Media, publisher of the Yorkshire Post and other regional papers, for £560m earlier this year.
RIM was formed by venture capitalist Candover out of the newspaper assets it acquired from United News & Media, now United Business Media, for £360m in 1998. The group also owns the Sheffield Star, the Doncaster Star and Lancashire Evening News.
The Writers News business also adds a book club and a home study unit to Warner's assets.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Executive - Get creative with your Corporate PR Major Players £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Ecommerce Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Store Design Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager lastminute.com Competitive with great benefits, Farringdon