HHCL creates 'turkey tussle' to highlight food safety
LONDON - HHCL & Partners is behind a new television advertising campaign that will warn the 10m people cooking a turkey on Christmas Day to be mindful of hygiene and food safety while sipping the cooking sherry.
In the "turkey tussle" advertisement, a seven-foot turkey wreaks havoc on a couple at Christmas, springing out from behind Christmas decorations, knocking over the tree, squashing mince pies and stealing the TV remote control.
While the turkey wrestles with the man for the remote, a voiceover says: "Every year, turkeys spoil Christmas for thousands of people." It goes on to explain that turkeys should be defrosted and cooked properly to avoid food poisoning. The ad breaks tomorrow and will run on national television in the run-up to Christmas Day.
The ad was created and written by Al Young, and directed by Martin Granger through Bikini. It comes in response to the findings of government body the Food Standards Agency showing that December is the biggest month for poultry food poisoning outbreaks.
Minnie Moll, managing partner at HHCL, said: "We wanted to get the balance of giving important information but not being killjoys at Christmas. Research showed that 'turkey tussle' really hit the spot with the right tone of voice. A welcome reminder from the FSA that is engaging and amusing and not lecturing in any way."
The advertising has been backed by a PR campaign outlining safe ways of preparing and cooking turkey, and the FSA's website also has information on cooking Christmas dinner.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England