HHCL creates 'turkey tussle' to highlight food safety
LONDON - HHCL & Partners is behind a new television advertising campaign that will warn the 10m people cooking a turkey on Christmas Day to be mindful of hygiene and food safety while sipping the cooking sherry.
In the "turkey tussle" advertisement, a seven-foot turkey wreaks havoc on a couple at Christmas, springing out from behind Christmas decorations, knocking over the tree, squashing mince pies and stealing the TV remote control.
While the turkey wrestles with the man for the remote, a voiceover says: "Every year, turkeys spoil Christmas for thousands of people." It goes on to explain that turkeys should be defrosted and cooked properly to avoid food poisoning. The ad breaks tomorrow and will run on national television in the run-up to Christmas Day.
The ad was created and written by Al Young, and directed by Martin Granger through Bikini. It comes in response to the findings of government body the Food Standards Agency showing that December is the biggest month for poultry food poisoning outbreaks.
Minnie Moll, managing partner at HHCL, said: "We wanted to get the balance of giving important information but not being killjoys at Christmas. Research showed that 'turkey tussle' really hit the spot with the right tone of voice. A welcome reminder from the FSA that is engaging and amusing and not lecturing in any way."
The advertising has been backed by a PR campaign outlining safe ways of preparing and cooking turkey, and the FSA's website also has information on cooking Christmas dinner.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Senior Account Exec/Account Manager - Integrated (6 months+) Stopgap £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager The Little Black Book Agency £23000 - £26000 per annum, Manchester