Red marks five years with celebrity designer special
LONDON - Red is to celebrate its fifth birthday in February with a special celebrity issue featuring Heather Mills McCartney, among others, who will use the occasion to dispel rumours of a feud with daughter-in-law Stella McCartney by wearing a dress designed by her stepdaughter.
The birthday issue, which goes on sale on January 10 priced £2.80, will also feature Katie Derham, Tara Palmer Tomkinson, Gina McKee, Helen Baxendale and Julie Sawalha modelling designers' dresses.
Readers will be asked to phone the Red charity line for a chance to win one of the designer dresses. Calls cost £1, 66p of which will go to the chosen charity of the celebrity wearing the dress.
Red, along with Elle and New Woman, was published as part of a joint venture between Hachette and Emap. However, the 10-year partnership was terminated soon after Hachette Filipacchi UK was created through Hachette's £40m acquisition of Attic Futura.
The two tussled over Red until Hachette, ran by former Emap CEO Kevin Hand, outbid Emap with £34m against £20m.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire