Red marks five years with celebrity designer special
LONDON - Red is to celebrate its fifth birthday in February with a special celebrity issue featuring Heather Mills McCartney, among others, who will use the occasion to dispel rumours of a feud with daughter-in-law Stella McCartney by wearing a dress designed by her stepdaughter.
The birthday issue, which goes on sale on January 10 priced £2.80, will also feature Katie Derham, Tara Palmer Tomkinson, Gina McKee, Helen Baxendale and Julie Sawalha modelling designers' dresses.
Readers will be asked to phone the Red charity line for a chance to win one of the designer dresses. Calls cost £1, 66p of which will go to the chosen charity of the celebrity wearing the dress.
Red, along with Elle and New Woman, was published as part of a joint venture between Hachette and Emap. However, the 10-year partnership was terminated soon after Hachette Filipacchi UK was created through Hachette's £40m acquisition of Attic Futura.
The two tussled over Red until Hachette, ran by former Emap CEO Kevin Hand, outbid Emap with £34m against £20m.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London