Red marks five years with celebrity designer special
LONDON - Red is to celebrate its fifth birthday in February with a special celebrity issue featuring Heather Mills McCartney, among others, who will use the occasion to dispel rumours of a feud with daughter-in-law Stella McCartney by wearing a dress designed by her stepdaughter.
The birthday issue, which goes on sale on January 10 priced £2.80, will also feature Katie Derham, Tara Palmer Tomkinson, Gina McKee, Helen Baxendale and Julie Sawalha modelling designers' dresses.
Readers will be asked to phone the Red charity line for a chance to win one of the designer dresses. Calls cost £1, 66p of which will go to the chosen charity of the celebrity wearing the dress.
Red, along with Elle and New Woman, was published as part of a joint venture between Hachette and Emap. However, the 10-year partnership was terminated soon after Hachette Filipacchi UK was created through Hachette's £40m acquisition of Attic Futura.
The two tussled over Red until Hachette, ran by former Emap CEO Kevin Hand, outbid Emap with £34m against £20m.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)