Telegraph to carry sponsored travel supplements
LONDON - The Daily Telegraph is cashing in on the new year holiday booking season with three sponsored travel supplements in its Saturday edition during January and February.
The first supplement, which is being supported by Sovereign Holidays, will run on January 18 and will publish features on upmarket boutique holidays, luxury villas, spas and destinations such as Ireland and Thailand.
The second and third supplements are being sponsored by tailored holiday specialist Bridge the World, which is producing tour itineraries that will appeal to Telegraph readers. These editions will publish on January 25 and February 8.
The January 25 issue will contain information on food and wine, film locations and travelling in a camper van to promote Australia as a holiday destination. It is being backed by the tourist authorities of New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania and by the Qantas airline.
The February 8 supplement will promote the Far East through features on rejuvenating the mind and body, beaches and outdoor sports and is being supported by the Singapore, Thailand, Malaysian and Hong Kong tourist authorities.
The sponsored supplements will run alongside the Telegraph's regular Saturday travel section.
The series was devised by Kimberley Butler, strategic planner at Telegraph Group Commercial Development. The deals were booked directly with the sponsors and tourist boards.
Chris White-Smith, display advertising director at Telegraph Group, said: "Both Sovereign and Bridge the World are known for offering distinctive holidays for the discerning traveller. The Daily Telegraph's Saturday package, including our regular Travel section, is the ideal place to find these keen travellers before they leave these shores."
The supplements, which will be reproduced online, will be promoted by ads in the main paper and 300,000 banner ads on Telegraph.co.uk. The Sovereign-sponsored edition will also be promoted by posters in 3,000 newsagents.
The value of the deals have not been disclosed.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive + fantastic benefits package, London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London