Lands' End calls pitch after PR and ad chief appointed
LONDON - Lands' End, the catalogue retailer, is holding a pitch for its UK consumer PR account after naming Rob Galkoff as its new public relations and advertising director.
The account has been held by Flax PR for two years and the agency has been asked to repitch for the work. Galkoff said that the decision to look at the agency was no reflection on fashion specialist Flax PR's work.
Advertising is handled in-house by Land's End and media buying is handled by Red with no plans to review the situation.
"We have decided to bring product placement in-house from April when our existing arrangement ceases. By making the change, we'll operate a similar structure to our US parent. Our new brief is to help us develop our brand strategically and to work on some special projects," Galkoff said.
Land's End specialises in what it calls traditionally styled clothing for the family, soft luggage and products for the home. As well as selling through its catalogues, it retails online.
In addition to Galkoff's promotion, Land's End has named Peter Rees as direct marketing director.
Phil Young, European managing director of Land's End, said: "Marketing is a key ingredient in our business and we are pleased to have two experts in their field leading our business. Thanks to Peter's knowledge we have developed a direct marketing strategy that has helped grow the business in the UK since he joined two years ago.
"Rob joined Lands' End in January last year and has made an immediate impact improving the effectiveness of our advertising and PR. His general retail and marketing skills have added a new dimension to the team in both the US and UK."
Lands' End sells value-for-money own-label clothing of a relatively utilitarian nature. It has a call centre and distribution facilities in Oakham, Rutland, and a PR and advertising office in London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London