Jazz FM readies £2m station relaunch after takeover
LONDON - Jazz FM has handed its above-the-line advertising task to Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw as the station prepares for a £2m relaunch, following last year's takeover of the station by the Guardian Media Group.
Integrated advertising agency Kitcatt Nohr beat incumbent of five years WARL Change Behaviour, Finex and Soul to win the business after a review was called by Jazz FM marketing director Nicola Thompson at the end of last year.
The work includes the entire relaunch task including corporate identity, a new strategy and through-the-line creative.
Kitcatt Nohr managing partner Marc Nohr said: "This is our first media account win and is therefore a flagship account for us. It's a truly integrated/above-the-line task, positioning Kitcatt Nohr firmly in the integrated marketing space. Out of eight consecutive wins more than half of these have been for integrated briefs."
The review follows the acquisition of the station by Guardian Media Group in June last year for £44.5m.
Kitcatt is set to be meeting with the station this week and its first work is expected to break in the spring.
The new-look Jazz FM is expected to lose its chameleon logo, which has been part of the station's identity for five years.
Since GMG took over, Jazz FM has appointed a raft of new presenters including jazz pianist Ramsey Lewis. It has also launched a weekend football show called Soul and Soccer Saturday on Jazz FM 100.4 in the North.
Kitcatt Nohr launched 12 months ago and it is set to record billings for its first year of around £3m from clients including the Voluntary Services Organisation, National Blood Service and high-street clothing chain River Island.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais