Stella Artois hands £2m Channel 4 idents job to Lowe
LONDON - Stella Artois is to exploit its award-winning advertising in a new £2m series of idents for its sponsorship of Channel 4's Film on Four movies, created by Lowe.
The new idents will draw more on Lowe's French-themed "reassuringly expensive" advertising for the beer brand, and replace the current "shadow" idents, which were created in-house by Channel 4's creative unit, 4Creative.
Lowe has created 32 new idents, all set in a rural French village. The first will show villagers stopping what they are doing to gather together and watch a film. In subsequent five-second spots, scenes from the village are shown.
In one, an old-fashioned telephone rings away without being answered. In another, a goat chews washing from a line, and a new pot on a wheel loses its shape after the potter has abandoned it.
The idents were written by Alistair Morgan and art directed by Andrew Lang. They were directed by Rob Sanders through HLA.
Karen Waring, marketing manager for Stella Artois at Interbrew, said: "Our Channel 4 sponsorship is the bedrock of our film association and with these new idents we can gain even greater synergy with our award-winning advertising campaign."
Stella has sponsored films on Channel 4 for five years, and has been awarded in the past with a Best Sponsorship title at the Campaign Media Awards.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham