Ogilvy creative star takes co-chairman Asia Pacific role
HONG KONG - Tham Khai Meng, named as the most creative in the region, has been promoted to co-chairman of Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific, a role he will share with current chairman Miles Young.
Tham was regional creative director for Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific, based in the company's Singapore office, a title he has held for two years. During this period, the agency has been named by Media Asia, Brand Republic's sister title, as the most creative in the region and it has won seven Cannes Lions, 12 Clios and six Yellow Pencils at the D&AD awards.
Before joining Ogilvy & Mather, Tham worked for Leo Burnett Chicago and Batey Ads Sydney and Singapore. He started his advertising career at Leo Burnett in London. He studied film and graphic design at Central St Martin's in London, before winning a scholarship to the Royal College of Art.
Young said of Tham's appointment: "I very much wanted to make a signal that creativity is what our agency is all about. It's the core of our business -- across communications disciplines, across markets."
Last year Meng joined the panel of judges for the 2002 Design and Art Direction awards in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)