NY Times ups global presence with supplement launch
NEW YORK - The New York Times has upped its global presence with its fourth weekly news supplement to launch in the past three months.
The latest supplement will be published once a week in the Danish daily Politiken. It will be in English, and feature the layout and typography of the New York Times.
The New York Times publishes supplements in Le Monde, the leading French daily, and in several Mexican newspapers. Since November last year, it has also launched supplements with the Listin Diario in the Dominican Republic; Asian Age in India; and Diario de Hoy in El Salvador.
Per Knudsen, editor-in-chief of Politiken, said: "We believe there is a demand for it, and we can't think of a better partner than The New York Times, one of the best newspapers in the world."
The New York Times Company has been embroiled in an acrimonious buyout of the global newspaper the International Herald Tribune, which it took over from the Wall Street Journal after originally running it as a joint venture.
Since the deal has gone through, three senior managers have left the Herald Tribune. Most recent to go was Peter Goldmark, chairman and chief executive, whose treatment by the New York Times Company prompted him to issue an angry statement, saying his dealings with the company had been difficult.
On his departure, Goldmark said: "This means I am the last publisher of the International Herald Tribune as an independent newspaper with its own voice and its own international outlook on the world."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1