BBC World scores with advertising sponsorship deals
LONDON - BBC World, the BBC's 24-hour international news and information channel, has reported a strong start to 2003 with a string of advertising sponsorship deals.
Emirates, the airline of the United Arab Emirates, is to run a global campaign on BBC World from January to March, which sees the channel produce a special series of short features for the carrier.
The features profile a range of unusual tourist attractions within 15 popular holiday destinations including London, Sydney, Dubai, Johannesburg, Singapore and Osaka, as the tailored campaign targets the discerning traveller. In addition to sponsoring these 50-second films, Emirates is also to sponsor the Voyager Season every weekend on BBC World.
Another new advertising deal for BBC World is the Swiss investment bank UBS, which is running a spot campaign throughout the first quarter. The bank will be supporting its sponsorship of Team Alinghi, the Swiss syndicate challenging for the 2003 Americas Cup, through the campaign with its sailing themed commercial.
BBC World has proved particularly successful in attracting tourism campaigns. As well as the Emirates deal, BBC World has signed two deals in India.
The most significant of these is one with the Indian Tourist Board, which is to use the channel to launch its first global advertising campaign in Europe, Asia and Australia. The campaign will run throughout the first quarter of 2003 and extends to banner advertising on BBC World's website, www.bbcworld.com.
The second deal in India has been signed with Kerala Tourism, which is to be the 2003 sponsor of BBC World's 'Holiday Programme' in India with high-frequency spot campaigns running in Europe and Asia Pacific concurrently. The campaign is further enhanced with its screening on United Airlines' news stream from BBC World.
Carolyn Gibson, regional sales director for EMEA at BBC World, said: "Such a run of high-profile sponsorships on the channel is evidence of the excellent creative opportunities BBC World now offers advertisers. In addition to sponsorship opportunities of quality BBC World programmes, we have a cache of bespoke creative media solutions we can offer our clients."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London