Discovery Networks takes on Braben for publicity boost
LONDON - Discovery Networks has hired the Braben Company to promote programmes on the Discovery Channel and Discovery Wings, which is devoted to aviation and space exploration.
Braben, which specialises in media work, will do both brand awareness campaigns and specific programme promotion, running two consumer PR campaigns each month.
It will also work with the in-house team on a variety of non programme-related subjects.
The work for Discovery Wings will involve a series of campaigns tying in with the 100th anniversary of flight in 2003.
Lee Hobbs, senior press officer at Discovery Networks UK, said: "Last year saw Discovery Channel's profile in the UK media reach an unprecedented all-time high. We're certain that the Braben Company's expertise will help us to build on this and take Discovery into its next phase by enhancing the brand's reputation to ensure it remains the leading factual broadcaster in the UK."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London