Adshel wins Liverpool's first street furniture contract
LONDON - Outdoor-advertising company Adshel has won Liverpool's first street furniture contract worth £6.5m, after a hotly competitive pitch.
Under the 15-year contract, Adshel will supply 170 advertising panels as well as six automatic public toilets to Liverpool, the UK's fifth-largest city.
This win consolidates Adshel's domination of the six-sheet advertising market, with control of 14 of the top 20 UK cities and a 65% market share. Building of this latest contract win is scheduled for April 2003.
The win complements Adshel's existing bus shelter contract with Mersey Travel, through which Adshel provides 523 panels across the city.
Julie France, managing director of Adshel said: "Liverpool is an incredibly important market and this win provides Adshel with a unique offering to advertisers -- 100% city centre domination and 78% city-wide coverage of the UK's fifth-largest city. This is something no other contractor can deliver."
This latest win follows the Kidderminster and Aberdeen street furniture wins worth £3.2m.
Councillor Richard Oglethorpe, Liverpool city council's executive member for environment, said: "This is a very good deal for the city. We will be getting additional public toilets in the city centre -- which is what the public have told us we need -- at no cost to the council tax payer."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trainee Specialist Marketing Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager: Experiential for Urban Sports / Streetwear Brand Rocket Recruitment £34,000 - 38,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Account / Client Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Southwark, London (Greater)
- Web Content Executive/SEO - Great Client-side Opportunity! ADLIB up to £30K, Dorset