Reader's of Emap's Sneak given mobile pop treat
LONDON - Readers of Emap's teenage celebrity magazine Sneak are being offered free ringtones from some of the biggest pop acts around, including Busted, Blazin' Squad and Avril Lavigne.
The offer is part of the launch of Emap's latest text-based promotion for its teen celebrity and gossip weekly, which is being run by its wireless marketing partner Flytxt.
Readers will be able to download the ringtones as Emap seeks to reward Sneak readers and build its evergrowing SMS club.
Readers will be alerted to the exclusive offer before the magazine hits the shelves, so they can be the first to download a ring tone.
Readers receive their free exclusive ringtone by texting in to an ad in Sneak. The offer invites readers to text in the word "tune" followed by their preferred artist's keyword.
Sneak will also be texting its loyal database of readers encouraging them to watch out for the next edition of the magazine, in order to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
SMS has been very much part of Sneak's development since the magazine launched in April 2002. Almost 20% of Sneak readers now interact with the magazine via text on a regular basis.
Flytxt and Emap have already run more than 50 successful campaigns together, both in the context of marketing its own brands, such as Smash Hits and Kiss 100, as well as working with third-party advertisers, offering them the opportunity to send branded promotional offers to its databases.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London