Eminem's rap game scores highly for Top of the Pops
LONDON - The Eminem rap game, which uses audioclips from the rap star's debut film '8 Mile', has achieved record results of more than 20,000 plays a week on the Top of the Pops website.
The game, which launched on January 17, was produced for the BBC's Top Of The Pops website and developed by new media marketing agency Digital Outlook.
The flash-based Eminem freestyle game challenges players' rhyming skills and knowledge of Eminem's lyrics. The 16 challenges are all accompanied by musical extracts from the '8 Mile' original soundtrack. Players completing all levels successfully can enter a competition to win an Eminem platinum disc.
Rob Cooper, senior producer at Top of The Pops Online, said: "Our readers are hugely interested in both Eminem the personality and Eminem the musician. Digital Outlook's lyric-based game was an innovative response to both."
Digital Outlook provides online marketing services for a range of Universal Music artists including Nelly, Sugababes, Busted, Mariah Carey and Darius.
Glen Collins, managing director of Digital Outlook, said: "The results achieved from the Eminem game clearly demonstrate the convergence between the music industry and the internet. This is a great example of how producers should look at the demographics of the fans and target them through the appropriate media. It's also a good example of a public service site working in partnership with a commercial partner to produce compelling online content."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East