Heineken PR push transforms Zoe Ball into glamour girl
LONDON - Heineken has transformed Zoe Ball, and a host of celebrities, from a down-to-earth mother into a glamorous 1950s pin-up to promote its switch to premium strength lager.
In a campaign devised by the new PR agency Piranhakid, seven celebrities have been transformed, including Ronan Keating, Johnny Vegas and Ralf Little.
Vegas will be turned into a smooth Mafioso, in a radical departure from his usual appearance as a slovenly northerner. Ralf Little goes from skinny to muscle-bound underwear model, while housewives' favourite Ronan Keating is transformed into a showgirl.
Other celebrities to appear in the campaign include Craig David, Jodie Kidd and Holly Valance.
The PR campaign cost £400,000 and comes in the run-up to an advertising push, which will hit television screens in April. The ads were created by Clemmow Hornby Inge.
Alcohol charities have said they are worried that drinkers will not be aware that Heineken is no longer 3.4% ABV but 5% instead, the same as Stella Artois. However, Piranhakid and Clemmow Hornby Inge have been charged with making sure as many consumers as possible are aware of the change.
The first shots of Zoe Ball with her new look, which includes a blonde wig made of real hair and vintage underwear from the 1950s, scored full-page coverage in the national newspapers -- partly boosted by recent troubles in Ball's personal life.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London