Medusa tamed in new campaign for Citroen C5
LONDON - The road rage beast can be tamed, or at least it can by drivers of the ultra-comfortable Citroen C5 in the car's new advertising campaign created by Partners BDDH.
The 30-second spot, called "angry family" breaks next week and shows a family at a crowded shopping mall as tempers fray. However, instead of appearing as a normal family, the mother has the head of Medusa and the father the head of a monster, and they are accompanied by their children who appear as two snarling dogs.
To the tune 'A Minha Menina' by Isle of Wight band The Bees, the monstrous family make their way to their car. Once inside they start to relax and, as the mother turns on the air conditioning, her snake-like tresses recede and a normal looking woman appears. Similarly the father turns into a handsome man. The two snarling dogs are revealed to be, in fact, angelic little girls.
The family drives off with sanity restored -- until a squeegee man tries to clean their windscreen. The ad finishes with the words "engineered to relieve stress".
The creative team on the ad was Steve Nicholls and Matthew Anderson. It was directed by Colin Gregg through Stark Films. Media planning and buying for the campaign was by OMD.
Mike Ibbett, marketing director at Citroen, said: "'Angry family' is an ad with strong execution and impact, the hero is definitely the car, giving it a feeling of modernity and improved image within a very competitive market. There is no doubt as a result of this new ad that the C5 will become more mainstream, modern and advanced."
The campaign will run for two weeks on national television with further activity due to appear throughout the year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London