Splinter Cell for the PS2 launches with viral video
LONDON - Digital Media Communications has launched an exclusive 'web only' viral marketing campaign for the launch of 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' on the PlayStation2, the first to be undertaken by Ubi Soft Entertainment.
Launched first on the Microsoft Xbox, 'Splinter Cell' follows the exploits of CIA deniable operative Sam Fisher and has been called more stealthier than the massive 'Metal Gear Solid'. It launches on March 28.
Sara Pelton, group brand manager at Ubi Soft, said: "'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' is a stealth action game that enables players to take on the role of Sam Fisher, a highly trained secret operative. We called on DMC's online viral marketing expertise to help us increase awareness of the game among the core target audience of 16- to 35-year-old males, and to help us drive and widen demand prior to and during the launch period."
DMC is managing, seeding and tracking the campaign in the run-up to the launch date. It is being seeded via DMC's online influencer network.
The campaign uses a titillating 30-second digital video film called 'Locker Room' that introduces viewers to Splinter Cell's central character. Viewers are able to link to the 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' microsite at the end of the film where they can view new trailers, screenshots and find out more about the game.
DMC managing director Justin Kirby said. "Ubi Soft has embraced the viral marketing technique by using a web-only digital video strategy and demanding accountability. Our online tracking system is providing real-time quantification of the film's views and hotlinks in order to prove the impact this viral campaign has on brand awareness."
The film can be downloaded here.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Creative Services Manager Major Players £35 - £45 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Food Packaging Designer Creative Recruitment £180 - £200 per day, London (West), London (Greater)
- account manager > GLOBAL FMCG collectivo £25k-£30k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager | Recruitment Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - great agency N Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £42k, Bury, Greater Manchester / Huddersfield, West Yorkshire / Manchester, Greater Manchester / Oldham...