Heineken appoints itraffic for online launch project
LONDON - Heineken has hired interactive marketing firm itraffic, part of Agency.com, for the online campaign to support the launch of its Premium 5% lager brand.
Itraffic won the work following a pitch against unnamed agencies and will work alongside Heineken's existing digital agency M Digital. Together, they will produce a rich media campaign to complement the above-the-line launch drive through ad agency Clemmow Hornby Inge.
Genuine 5% will replace Heineken's Cold Filtered and Export varieties, which are being phased out of the UK market, to bring the market into line with the other 170 countries that already sell the stronger 5% ABV Heineken.
The above-the-line campaign breaks in April with TV spots focusing on how much Heineken is loved around the world, by putting it through a series of tests such as the "Dutch Tolerance Test", a "Swiss Neutrality Test" and a "US Lawsuit Test". There was no mention of a French surrender test.
Gayle Harrison, senior brand manager for Heineken, said: "We are very excited to be working with itraffic on the launch of premium 5% Heineken in the UK. Itraffic hugely impressed us with the strength and depth of their creative work and we feel that they will be a great addition to our roster."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London