Ofcom's Carter reveals senior management line-up
LONDON - Ofcom chief executive Stephen Carter has unveiled the regulator's senior management team, including the appointment of Ed Richards, a senior adviser to prime minister Tony Blair, as senior partner for strategy and market development.
Richards, who advises Blair on media, telecoms, the internet and economy, leaves Number 10 to become an executive member of the Ofcom board along with Kip Meek, who joins as senior partner for competition and content.
Meek is one of the founders of Spectrum Strategy Consultants and a former Coopers & Lybrand and McKinsey strategist. At Ofcom, he will be responsible for ensuring the regulator meets its statutory mandate for competition and content, and managing strategic resources such as the radio spectrum.
A number of appointments at partner level have also been made. ITC director of strategy Robin Foster has been appointed as strategy development partner, and ITC director of policy Dominic Morris will be director of the office of the chief executive.
Hazel Cantor, director of spectrum services at the Radiocommunications Agency, joins as licensing partner; and Tim Suter, head of broadcasting policy at the DCMS, becomes policy development partner.
Competition issues will be overseen by Philip Rutnam and Sean Williams.
Rutnam is director of regulatory policy at Oftel and becomes competition and strategic resources partner. Williams, a partner at international consultancy LEK Consulting LLP, joins as competition and investigations, competitions and markets partner.
Other appointments include former ITV Digital executive Kate Stross as commercial director and Tony Stoller, currently chief executive of the Radio Authority since 1985, becomes external relations director.
Vic Brashko, a former vice-president of customer operations Europe at Global Crossing, joins as operations director.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Partnerships Consultant Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London