Haygarth to build eCRM for BBC Haymarket Exhibitions
LONDON - Integrated marketing firm Haygarth has been appointed to work on the eCRM and internet strategy for the 2003 BBC Good Homes Show and BBC Gardener's World Live.
Haygarth's digital arm will implement a new three-year strategy for the BBC Haymarket Exhibitions-produced shows, which will see the development of an eCRM programme to build a database of potential visitors with the end result of selling incremental advance tickets to the show.
Show tickets sold via the internet have experienced huge growth in the past two years and 2001 marked the launch of a dedicated show website, along with basic viral marketing activity.
With improved targeting, tracking, cold list rental, database build and response analysis, Haygarth's email-based campaign is designed to communicate to a much wider audience and attract new visitors. By maximising eCRM, and moving away from traditional direct marketing, Haygarth says the frequency of message is increased and the payback is much higher.
Haygarth director Amanda Ferguson said: "This medium provides the perfect means through which to evaluate individual behaviour patterns and track response rates to messages and calls to action. With these greater insights, an ever-more targeted and cost-effective strategy can be developed to support ticket sales in future years."
Early results from the first email bulletin for the BBC Good Homes Show campaign show total opening rates as high as 79% and click through rates of over 25% -- both above industry averages of 25% and 15% in the entertainment sector.
Liz Britton, BBC Good Homes Show marketing manager, said: "We are absolutely delighted with responses to date. We are working closely with Haygarth to understand how what we've learned from this first wave of activity can be applied to enhance responses in phases two and three to support this year's show starting on May 8. We will also be looking at this year's results to see how we can improve the campaign strategy for the next two years."
Haygarth is a worldwide communications group with a seamless approach to marketing that incorporates the promotional marketing, direct marketing, advertising, design, digital marketing, public relations, and print and production. Haygarth employs more than 150 people in its offices in London and Sydney and has an annual turnover of more than £25m.
Haygarth delivers integrated marketing on behalf of more than 40 clients, including the Carbon Trust, Columbia TriStar, Hamilton Direct Bank, Kerry Foods, Majestic Wine, Signet Group, Tropicana and UKTV.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london