William Hill to launch dedicated Grand National site
LONDON - William Hill is launching a special website to cope with the huge rise in punters having their once-a-year flutter on the Grand National, which is held this coming weekend.
The site goes live later this week, with the aim of helping control the huge level of traffic that William Hill receives on the day of the race, April 5.
The site is to be backed by an extensive offline advertising campaign promoting the website in the national press and racing-related papers such as the Racing Post.
At the same time, William Hill has signed a deal with the domain name provider NetNames to outsource management of domain names and prevent cybersquatting. As well as williamhillgrandnational.com, the company has added williamhillcasino.com and williamhillpoker.com to its portfolio.
Peter Nolan, group marketing director at William Hill, said: "In the last year, operating profits from our e-gaming activities have grown by 123%. Domain names are an integral part of our online business strategy and it is vital that we have a process in place to protect our interactive brands."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London