William Hill to launch dedicated Grand National site
LONDON - William Hill is launching a special website to cope with the huge rise in punters having their once-a-year flutter on the Grand National, which is held this coming weekend.
The site goes live later this week, with the aim of helping control the huge level of traffic that William Hill receives on the day of the race, April 5.
The site is to be backed by an extensive offline advertising campaign promoting the website in the national press and racing-related papers such as the Racing Post.
At the same time, William Hill has signed a deal with the domain name provider NetNames to outsource management of domain names and prevent cybersquatting. As well as williamhillgrandnational.com, the company has added williamhillcasino.com and williamhillpoker.com to its portfolio.
Peter Nolan, group marketing director at William Hill, said: "In the last year, operating profits from our e-gaming activities have grown by 123%. Domain names are an integral part of our online business strategy and it is vital that we have a process in place to protect our interactive brands."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire