William Hill to launch dedicated Grand National site
LONDON - William Hill is launching a special website to cope with the huge rise in punters having their once-a-year flutter on the Grand National, which is held this coming weekend.
The site goes live later this week, with the aim of helping control the huge level of traffic that William Hill receives on the day of the race, April 5.
The site is to be backed by an extensive offline advertising campaign promoting the website in the national press and racing-related papers such as the Racing Post.
At the same time, William Hill has signed a deal with the domain name provider NetNames to outsource management of domain names and prevent cybersquatting. As well as williamhillgrandnational.com, the company has added williamhillcasino.com and williamhillpoker.com to its portfolio.
Peter Nolan, group marketing director at William Hill, said: "In the last year, operating profits from our e-gaming activities have grown by 123%. Domain names are an integral part of our online business strategy and it is vital that we have a process in place to protect our interactive brands."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Country Senior Sales Manager - DACH - top DSP Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + +£35k comm + bens, London
- Head of SEO Lipton Fleming £80000 - £90000.00 per annum, London