Latest Cancer Research DRTV ad campaign breaks
LONDON - Cancer Research UK is emphasising the impact the loss of a loved one has on families in its latest direct response TV ad campaign, which breaks this week across cable and satellite channels.
The campaign, created by WWAV Rapp Collins, is entitled "If Only" and aims to increase monthly donations to the charity, to help it continue its work of keeping families together for longer by beating cancer.
The spots feature Eva Cassidy's 'Songbird' as the backing track and shows real-life situations of loss, including a father doing his young daughter's hair before a ballet class, which he wouldn't have to do "if only her mum was still here". Cassidy herself died from cancer.
A voiceover explains how £2 a month can stop more families losing someone to cancer. Viewers are encouraged to call a 0800 number and pledge their donation.
The success of the charity's work is demonstrated at the end of the spot. A little boy looks sad because his father isn't there to support him at a swimming competition, but he turns up at the last minute.
Sarah Lyness, marketing director at Cancer Research UK, said: "The ad very effectively highlights key stages where the loss of a loved one through cancer can hit home. We're confident it will strike a chord with the public and help generate more income for our live-saving work."
The ad was written by Cathy Halstead and art directed by Dave Scott.
WWAV extended its grip on the Cancer Research UK business in January, when it added the £4m brand awareness work to the £1m direct response account it already held.
The brand awareness business was previously held by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO. WWAV's most recent TV work for the client was its "mirrors" DRTV ad, which won a gold and silver at the DMA Royal Mail Awards.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London