Mates condom site encourages 'I shagged here' boasts
LONDON - Mates condoms are to be promoted through a new website, where users can post video footage and stories of favourite sexual experiences.
The website, IShaggedHere.com is aimed at 16- to 24-year-old males, and will host a game called 'Slam in the Lamb', and a section called 'Shags Re-acquainted', where people can search for past conquests.
The campaign is part of the wider "I Shagged Here" commemorative red plaque campaign, which will be posted in clubs and pubs around the country. On the site, visitors can create their own customised plaques and then place them in their selected location.
The site was created by 3RD sense for Ansell, which owns the Mates brand.
Remco Teulings, marketing and business development director EMEA for Ansell, said: "We need to approach our younger consumers through the web in a genuinely stimulating and involved way, if we are to address their growing awareness and concerns of sexual health.
"The upfront nature of the site encourages the confidence and freedom to enjoy great sex while allowing users the security and trust to relax and have fun."
A PR campaign has been developed called "Save Outdoor Sex", based on the recent legislation regarding having sex outdoors. It will have its own separate website, Saveoutdoorsex.com, also designed by 3RD Sense. It will encourage people to petition their local MPs about the legislation.
Tom Gueterbock, director of 3RD Sense, said: "The slightly risque content and the heavy consumer participation builds a self-generated momentum. We want visitors to become the catalysts for more interest and more visitors and ultimately brand advocates for Mates."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds