Mates condom site encourages 'I shagged here' boasts
LONDON - Mates condoms are to be promoted through a new website, where users can post video footage and stories of favourite sexual experiences.
The website, IShaggedHere.com is aimed at 16- to 24-year-old males, and will host a game called 'Slam in the Lamb', and a section called 'Shags Re-acquainted', where people can search for past conquests.
The campaign is part of the wider "I Shagged Here" commemorative red plaque campaign, which will be posted in clubs and pubs around the country. On the site, visitors can create their own customised plaques and then place them in their selected location.
The site was created by 3RD sense for Ansell, which owns the Mates brand.
Remco Teulings, marketing and business development director EMEA for Ansell, said: "We need to approach our younger consumers through the web in a genuinely stimulating and involved way, if we are to address their growing awareness and concerns of sexual health.
"The upfront nature of the site encourages the confidence and freedom to enjoy great sex while allowing users the security and trust to relax and have fun."
A PR campaign has been developed called "Save Outdoor Sex", based on the recent legislation regarding having sex outdoors. It will have its own separate website, Saveoutdoorsex.com, also designed by 3RD Sense. It will encourage people to petition their local MPs about the legislation.
Tom Gueterbock, director of 3RD Sense, said: "The slightly risque content and the heavy consumer participation builds a self-generated momentum. We want visitors to become the catalysts for more interest and more visitors and ultimately brand advocates for Mates."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, South East England
- Affiliate Executive Lipton Fleming £23000.00 per annum, London
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 per annum, Hereford and Worcester