TimeBank hires Outrider to drive online volunteers
LONDON - TimeBank, the national volunteering charity, has hired Outrider to handle its digital marketing.
The agency is briefed with raising awareness of the charity's brand and driving traffic to the TimeBank site.
This is to be accomplished via an online media campaign, a paid-for listing strategy and activity in community areas of the web. Outrider will develop partnerships with major portals and ISPs to reach a mass audience, while the paid-for listings will target people who are looking for information on volunteering.
Moira Swinbank, chief executive of TimeBank, said: "The online medium will allow us to increase our reach to broader audiences and so attract new TimeGivers. This is the first significant activity we have undertaken using digital media and we're delighted to be using Outrider's expertise to ensure that we get the best results possible."
Activity starts this month and will run throughout 2003.
Dan Brown, account manager at Outrider, said: "Broadly, our strategy is to reach the converted, educate the masses and to talk to the communities with messaging that matches the mindset of each audience."
TimeBank raises awareness of giving time through voluntary work, targeting people who want to volunteer their time but don't know how to go about it. People can register to give time, which is then matched according to their skills and interests with volunteering opportunities.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)