Scream is going to fix it for Britain's drinking students
LONDON - Scream, the student-orientated pub chain, has appointed Kazoo Communications to handle the brand's first student push using new media, direct marketing and media relations.
Set to kick off in May, the campaign is based upon a concept of Scream'll Fix It and is part of Scream's ongoing strategy of supporting student talent and giving back to the student community.
The push is Scream's first for two years and strategic brand communications consultancy Kazoo was appointed following a three-way agency pitch.
Activity will include media relations with student and mainstream media, a sales promotion mechanic, a dedicated website, direct marketing via the Scream Yellow Card email database, street marketing and in-outlet PoS. Kazoo will also be responsible for production on the chosen fix-its and managing third-party involvement.
The sales promotion aspect will be handled by Scream's promotions agency, Gloria Mundi, and will offer a voucher for a free pint of Carling or a bottle of new blackcurrant and raspberry flavour Reef. This voucher will double as an entry form.
Scream'll Fix It will see Scream "fixing" student's dreams or ambitions. The concept was conceived by Kazoo to work across all areas of the brand including suppliers and partners.
Rod Gillies, marketing manager at Scream, said: "The concept that Kazoo have developed for this campaign is perfect for the brand. Whether it be skydiving naked or cutting a single in a recording studio, this is an incredible opportunity for students to further their ambitions."
Scream is owned by Mitchells & Butlers, which has 88 Scream outlets in university towns across the UK. All are situated either close to university campuses or areas of student accommodation.
Mitchells & Butlers was formerly part of Six Continents, from which it demerged on April 15 2003. In all, it runs more than 2,000 managed pubs, bars and restaurants including Vintage Inns, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, O'Neill's and All Bar One.
Justin Crosby, director at Kazoo, added: "We're delighted to have been selected by Scream to work on this dynamic campaign which is set to be a lot of fun for the students, the Scream staff and ourselves."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire