Date the UK revamps site and launches film promotion
LONDON - Date the UK, the dating website, has been revamped and is running a competition for users tying in with the romantic comedy 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days'.
The site has been created by Emma Coleman, a website designer with a background in fine art. She paints eight-foot paintings of models, inspired by Vogue magazine. The new site structure enables white-label operations to be implemented quickly and efficiently.
The third-party promotion with 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' will give users the chance to win tickets to the film and related merchandise, as well as a dinner for two.
Date the UK launched in October last year with its point of difference to other dating websites being that it has been created exclusively for people living in the UK, and makes it easy to search for a partner geographically.
The site was founded by Simon Narracott, former World Online and Tiscali director. He said: "The success of Date the UK over the past few months has prompted us to think about launching some more niche dating sites. The feedback from current members has been very encouraging and we now feel we are in the position to offer more and more services to existing members."
The niche sites will be more sexually oriented than the current dating site.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London