Lever opts for interactive postcards for Persil launch
LONDON – Lever Faberge has launched a 250,000-strong direct mail campaign using lenticular postcards backing the launch of Persil's range of Liquid bottles.
The campaign, which launches this week, was created by Proximity London working with Hive Associates, which provided the interactive postcard or dynamic image component of the campaign.
The use of the Dynamic Images lenticular format, better known for use in the six- and 48-sheet outdoor market, is a break from the more typical multi-page format DM mailer.
Marc Edmunds, managing director at Hive Associates, said: "Dynamic Images is probably better known for use in outdoor market. But its value proposition as a DM piece is just the same. Its interactivity gives brands the chance to make an immediate impact, significantly increasing consumer response and recall."
The postcards back the launch of Persil's new Liquid bottles, just days before they hit supermarket shelves. The front of the postcard features 24-frame dynamic image animation showing a pouring bottle, with the strapline "A big improvement from every angle".
On the reverse side, the strapline "The liquid you love is now even better" heads an invitation to consumers to comment on the new bottle design on Persil's website in return for a £1 off voucher and the chance to enter a prize draw.
Graham James, production manager at Proximity, said: "Dynamic Images gives direct mail specialists the opportunity for innovation. Not just through its immediate curiosity value but through its ability to visually communicate a products value proposition. DI was especially fitting for a mailing that invites consumers to interact."
Dynamic Images are capable of encapsulating up to 24 frames of any film sequence, or 3D rendering, and represents the cutting edge of imaging technologies available for use in the out-of-home media market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pharmaceutical Associate/Account Director/ (Full or Part-Time) Brand Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Bedford