BBC adds news and entertainment to Yahoo! Platinum
NEW YORK - The BBC is the latest broadcaster to be added to Yahoo!'s subscription video service, joining US television networks ABC and CBS as content providers.
The BBC will provide a mix of entertainment and news programming for Yahoo! Platinum. Other new programmes includes 'National Geographic', 'Showtime' and 'Major League Hockey' and soccer.
Yahoo! launched the service in March, charging subscribers $9.95 (£6.26) a month to access the service, which includes video and audio content. Since its launch, the most popular programming has been the ABC news, and performances and interviews from the reality TV shows 'American Idol' and 'Survivor'.
Jim Moloshok, senior vice-president of media, entertainment, information and finance at Yahoo!, said: "We are pleased to announce the expansion of programming from leading content providers, delivering more of the entertainment, sports and news that our Yahoo! Platinum subscribers have shown they want."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London