BBC adds news and entertainment to Yahoo! Platinum
NEW YORK - The BBC is the latest broadcaster to be added to Yahoo!'s subscription video service, joining US television networks ABC and CBS as content providers.
The BBC will provide a mix of entertainment and news programming for Yahoo! Platinum. Other new programmes includes 'National Geographic', 'Showtime' and 'Major League Hockey' and soccer.
Yahoo! launched the service in March, charging subscribers $9.95 (£6.26) a month to access the service, which includes video and audio content. Since its launch, the most popular programming has been the ABC news, and performances and interviews from the reality TV shows 'American Idol' and 'Survivor'.
Jim Moloshok, senior vice-president of media, entertainment, information and finance at Yahoo!, said: "We are pleased to announce the expansion of programming from leading content providers, delivering more of the entertainment, sports and news that our Yahoo! Platinum subscribers have shown they want."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London