Goldfish launches DRTV ad for integrated drive
LONDON - Goldfish, the Centrica-owned financial services operation, is following through its multimillion-brand advertising campaign for its personal loans with a direct response television push.
The DRTV drive is part of an integrated response campaign that includes direct mail and press activity, incorporating inserts in consumer magazines as well as national press.
Goldfish launched a major brand TV and cinema campaign in January to promote its flexible loans. The work, created by TBWA\London, showed a goldfish destroying the letters "I" and "N" in the word "Inflexible".
The creative for the DRTV ad has been created by Goldfish's direct marketing agency DP&A. The ad compares the lower APR of a Goldfish loan, against other high street bank rates.
The campaign sets out to illustrate how much the borrower can save by choosing a Goldfish loan and highlights the fact that there are "no early repayment fees".
Charlie Herbert, marketing director at Goldfish, said: "Personal loans is a fiercely contested sector, but one where many people still rely on high street providers who account for 60% of market share."
He added: "We think shopping around for a competitive rate with a flexible approach is the way forward. Goldfish loans have both these qualities and, with our straightforward, more customer-centric approach to loans, we're once again the challenger brand, back to the old way of doing things."
Media planning and buying for Goldfish is handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Category Director - Consulting Jarlett de Grouchy £90000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London