O&M wins Nestle Milo brief in Australia and New Zealand
SYDNEY - Singleton Ogilvy & Mather has won the creative advertising account for top Australian and New Zealand Nestle energy drink brand Milo following a three-way pitch.
Singleton O&M, the WPP Group joint venture with Singleton Advertising, beat rival agencies McCann Erickson and the Cordiant-owned Campaign Palace to win the account. Singleton O&M was also awarded the brief for chocolate milk mix Nesquick on the strength of its pitch.
John Montgomery, general manager of food and beverages at Nestle Australia, said: "Singleton O&M presented a distinctive, fully integrated solution designed to provide the Milo brand with a strong platform to grow over the coming years."
The agency's first task will be a branding drive across all main marketing channels to raise awareness of the drink as a way of boosting energy levels among eight- to 13-year-olds.
The agency will use through-the-line activity including mainstream advertising and multicultural marketing alongside online, CRM, interactive advertising and sampling.
Chris Mort, CEO of Singleton O&M, added: "We are delighted to now have the opportunity to work on this icon brand. It is a great win for the entire SO&M group and we look forward to developing our big idea into a very effective 360-degree brand campaign."
Singleton O&M was formed in 1998 when The Singleton Group-owned John Singleton Advertising merged with WPP's Ogilvy & Mather operation in Australia.
The Ogilvy group now works on Nestle Milo in seven markets in Asia Pacific and 15 globally.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London
- COMMERCIAL MANAGER - LEADING ADVANCED SEARCH AGENCY Success Digital £Competitive, London