O&M wins Nestle Milo brief in Australia and New Zealand
SYDNEY - Singleton Ogilvy & Mather has won the creative advertising account for top Australian and New Zealand Nestle energy drink brand Milo following a three-way pitch.
Singleton O&M, the WPP Group joint venture with Singleton Advertising, beat rival agencies McCann Erickson and the Cordiant-owned Campaign Palace to win the account. Singleton O&M was also awarded the brief for chocolate milk mix Nesquick on the strength of its pitch.
John Montgomery, general manager of food and beverages at Nestle Australia, said: "Singleton O&M presented a distinctive, fully integrated solution designed to provide the Milo brand with a strong platform to grow over the coming years."
The agency's first task will be a branding drive across all main marketing channels to raise awareness of the drink as a way of boosting energy levels among eight- to 13-year-olds.
The agency will use through-the-line activity including mainstream advertising and multicultural marketing alongside online, CRM, interactive advertising and sampling.
Chris Mort, CEO of Singleton O&M, added: "We are delighted to now have the opportunity to work on this icon brand. It is a great win for the entire SO&M group and we look forward to developing our big idea into a very effective 360-degree brand campaign."
Singleton O&M was formed in 1998 when The Singleton Group-owned John Singleton Advertising merged with WPP's Ogilvy & Mather operation in Australia.
The Ogilvy group now works on Nestle Milo in seven markets in Asia Pacific and 15 globally.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire