I am student, hear me roar at the Cannes Lions Academy
LONDON - Most advertising executives' idea of a good time at Cannes probably does not include a week of study, but the festival is launching an academy for students of the advertising profession.
The Lions Academy will provide a one-week training and educational programme to as many as 30 students already studying advertising, marketing, communication and design. People aged between 18 and 23 from different countries will be invited to attend the course.
There will be an intense programme of seminars, viewing of ads and tutorials, and the Lions Academy will have a new dean every three years.
This year, the course will be hosted by Clive Challis, head of the advertising course at Central Saint Martins in London, and the first dean is Michael Conrad, formerly worldwide chief creative officer of Leo Burnett USA.
According to Challis: "Seeing the world's best creative work and getting to hear and see and meet with some of the world's best creatives is a terrific way to launch a career: today, advertising students -- tomorrow, Lion tamers!"
Tutorials will be given by Bob Isherwood, worldwide creative director of Saatchi & Saatchi; Joel Sobelson, executive vice-president and chief creative officer of Wunderman New York; and James Warburton, managing director of Universal McCann Australia.
"Today, education in our industry must have a global view. Now talented students from all over the world will be tutored at the heart of this lively event by brilliant practitioners, who have been setting standards throughout their careers. I am sure the academy will be become a successful extension of this innovative, global festival," Conrad said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London