MindShare set to win bulk of Abbey National £27m media
LONDON - High street bank Abbey National is poised to award the bulk of its £27m media planning and buying account to MindShare as part of a sweeping review of its marketing activity, with Naked being appointed on a project basis.
MindShare pitched against incumbent Carat, Initiative Media and Manning Gottlieb OMD for the task.
The review follows the bank's decision to appoint Wolff Olins to look at its brand strategy. Abbey National called in Wolff Olins in March to undertake a fundamental review of its brand after announcing a loss of almost £1bn.
The bank has since awarded its £25m creative account to TBWA\London, which is already understood to be working on the brief along with Wolff Olins.
Abbey National chairman Luqman Arnold has been involved in the overhaul, which some reports have suggested could lead to the bank changing its name to The Abbey.
However, at the time of writing, Abbey National, the UK's sixth-largest bank, said it had not got anything to say about the media brief.
Naked Communications is believed to have been hired on a project-by-project basis for specific areas of the business. However, at the time of writing, neither Naked nor MindShare would confirm any appointment.
Carat is the long-standing incumbent on the media business. The agency handled media both for the main Abbey National brand and its internet bank Cahoot!, which spends £5m on advertising.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Charismatic PR Account Executive Required! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £17000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus & Benefits, Manchester
- Complience and Risk Manager BBC £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London