OgilvyOne beats rivals to six accounts in Japan
HONG KONG - OgilvyOne Japan has consolidated its position among the top Japanese direct marketing agencies with the news that it has picked up six major accounts in the last four months.
The wins include work for AIU, part of AIG; French tyre manufacturer Michelin; and JTB, one of Japan's largest travel agencies.
OgilvyOne saw off competition from local agencies including Hakuhodo and Asatsu DK, as well as global rivals TBWA and Grey. The AIU win means that OgilvyOne will now work across three of AIG's major business units.
Commenting on the new wins, John Goodman, president of OgilvyOne Asia Pacific, said: "When we set up OgilvyOne Japan in 1998 as the country's first genuine CRM agency, we were told that the local giants were an impenetrable cartel. Wins like this delight me as they prove the nay-sayers to be very wrong."
OgilvyOne's new assignments cover a range of services including brand positioning, direct response advertising, a winter consumer campaign, a CRM project and call centre consulting. For each of its new accounts the agency has agreed to deliver measurable results in terms of sales.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket